nothing left
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
nothing left

all your favourite sites down? nothing better to do online? we know how you feel.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PC Specs!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
saminal
the lonesome/gregarious cowboy
saminal

PC Specs!! Empty
PostSubject: PC Specs!!   PC Specs!! ClockFri Jul 11, 2008 6:11 am

Entry Level / Budget PC

Motherboard:Asus P5GC-MX
Processor:Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core E2180 (2 * 2.0GHz)
RAM:Team 1024MB DDR2 PC5300 (667MHz)
Hard Drive:Western Digital 160GB SATA-II
Optical Drive:Samsung 20X DVD-RW Super-Multi (SATA)
Case:Up to you - see below

Case - I'm not going to pick a case for you, as you probably have your own taste in colour, size, lights etc. All you need to know is you're after a Mini ATX, Midi ATX, or Full ATX case (Full will be huge, I'd recommend sticking with Mini) and make sure it's got at least a 350W Power Supply in it.

Hardware Price - Where I shop, that whole setup would cost just under $300. Of course it's just the tower, so if you're not happy using your existing keyboard, mouse, and monitor, you can add another $250 or so for those.

Setup Price - I would expect a computer store to charge between $50 and $100 to put it together, and if you want them to set Windows (XP, I would recommend) up on it, and install the drivers, add another $150. But if you've got your own disk and ways of getting round WGA (pirate) then you'll save that.

I'll post more specs another time, back to work now.
Back to top Go down
http://flosami.blogspot.com
saminal
the lonesome/gregarious cowboy
saminal

PC Specs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC Specs!!   PC Specs!! ClockSat Jul 12, 2008 8:41 am

Gaming PC

Motherboard:Asus P5N-MX
Processor:Intel Core2Duo E6850
RAM:Team Elite 2GB (2 *1GB Kit) PC6400 (800MHz)
Graphics:Asus GF9600GT 512MB DDR3
Hard Drive:2 * 160GB Western Digital SATA-II
CD/DVD:Samsung 20X DVD-RW Super-Multi (SATA)
Case:Up to you - see below

Case - I'm still not going to pick a case for you. All you need to know is you're after a Mini ATX, Midi ATX, or Full ATX case (Mini or Midi would be my recommendation, either will fit) and make sure it's got at least a 450W Power Supply in it. I'd expect to pay at least $100 for the case for a gaming machine.

Hardware Price- I can buy those parts for a total of about $750. It's still just the tower, so again, if you're not happy using your existing keyboard, mouse, and monitor, you can add another $250 or so for those. I'd recommend getting a widescreen monitor, 19" or 22". For brand I recommend Asus or Samsung.

Setup Price - Exactly the same as above. I strongly recommend avoiding Vista for gaming.
Back to top Go down
http://flosami.blogspot.com

PC Specs!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
nothing left :: rant and rave :: computers ruin my life-
Jump to: